Finally, I have finished what for now is my final edit of Bob, P. I. It ended up about 79k words in 35 chapters. My start date was 09/03/2008 and end date 03/01/2016. Wow, doesn’t seem that long. Of course I had half of that time when I didn’t touch it.
I have essentially been done since late last year but set it aside while I did other projects. I finally realized that I needed to quit procrastinating. So I ran my “well”, “just”, and “ly” filters. You know in Word you do the find function then search and eliminate most of those occurances. They are manuscript killers and too much of any of them lets an editor know you aren’t ready. At least that is what one editor told me a few years ago and I have ran those filters ever since, I think successfully. And I’m not offering that as a tip, do what you want.
So, Bob, P. I. is off to the very few unsolictied manuscript publishers left. I found five of them.
I also edited and sent back out my stories Columbus Day, White Nigger, and My Mother the Cat. I have every confidence that these will be picked up when they find the right magazine.
As for housekeeping, and I don’t want to offend other blogger/authors, but I stopped following all of those blogs giving writing advice and featuring writing tips and prompts. I almost never read any of them and probably only followed them because they showed interest in my blog at one time or another.
That’s it for now. I’ll post if anything happens but I don’t expect to hear much for 3 to 6 months.